Sunday 30 June 2013
The event is all about our community of residents, shops and businesses – we need everyone in that community to be part of making it a BIG success!
The street party is a great way to invest in the profile and community spirit of Amwell Street and the surrounding area. Please do all you can to help us make it the best day it can be – the more people that help the better it will be!
The theme is ‘Traditional Village Fete’ which will involve:
live music, street food sellers, fete games, afternoon tea, the dog show, craft workshops, vintage make-up masterclasses, bric-a-brac and a vintage clothes stall, an egg and spoon race, a three legged race, tug of war, a raffle and lots more!
What can you do?
1. Run a stall:
• Run a fete game/stall such as: splat the rat, play your cards right, guess the weight/guess the number of (sweets) in a jar, egg and spoon race, three legged race, hoop games, tombola etc. etc.
• Sell something – get in touch and give an idea of what you would like sell – all stalls must be original/not offer direct competition to another stall/shop on the street
• All stall holders are welcome to pocket a profit on their stalls however will be asked to pay a small rental fee
2. Can you suggest any good local Street Food sellers that would be interested in running a street food stall on the day?
3. Volunteer to help set up and tidy up on the day – this is a really important part of making the day a success – any help you can offer would be hugely appreciated
4. Give a raffle prize
5. Suggest any amateur performance acts that may like to perform on the day (dancers, singers, bands)?
6. Distribute flyers, posters and forward promotional emails, tweet about the event, like the event on Facebook… or do anything you can think of to let everyone know about the party – tell all your friends!
All money raised on the day will go towards funding the party and any money left over will be put in a fund for future events on the street.
For more information or to get involved please contact Alice at In With The Old, 57 Amwell Street or email Alice on email@example.com